Monday, May 24, 2010

The Sarah Ferguson Fiasco

Have you seen the "sting" video of Sarah Ferguson in which she demands/accepts money from an undercover reporter, ostensibly in exchange for access to Ferguson's ex-husband, the Duke of York? What do you think about this situation?
I have no idea whether or not she has broken, or even come close to breaking, any criminal law. As far as I am concerned, she is presumed innocent of any crime. And anyway, that is not the point of this post. Instead, here are some of my observations:
One point is that this situation illustrates that desperate people will sometimes take desperate action to alleviate their problems. And clearly, the Duchess of York appears to be in a desperate financial situation. In my opinion, this case also illustrates the point that, often, in life, it's not what you know, but who you know!
Also, this case illustrates that extortion, fraud, bribery, kickbacks, and pay-offs like this happen all the time, except that the folks doing it rarely get caught! Finally, this case illustrates that, if you are an average citizen, you will likely get nailed to the wall for your transgressions, but if you are the Duchess of York, you may be home free. We shall see!
I hope she gets help for her problems. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. She was so burned in the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated by this. How can she possibly need money? I think to see her smoking was the most shocking of all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Thank you for your visit and comment! Everyone should check out your neat blog! They probably already have done so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barry,
    Thank you for your visit, too! I always enjoy your detective blog!

    ReplyDelete