Monday, August 27, 2012

A Goolsby "War Story:" The Most Interesting Kickbacks Ever!


Presently, I am a criminal defense lawyer in Augusta, Georgia. As a former federal prosecutor for over 20 years, I prosecuted all kinds of white collar crime cases, including every kind of fraud and public corruption one can imagine! One of the interesting aspects of many of the fraud cases which I prosecuted involved the types of kickbacks which were paid, either to crooked government officials, or to employees who failed to give their employers their "honest services."

The latter category gave me an idea for a series of blog posts. In short, on occasion, I want to give you some examples of the most interesting kickbacks I have seen, as a former Assistant U.S. Attorney. Here goes....

In one major mail fraud case I prosecuted, among other expensive kickback gifts, the owner of a construction company bought two new Corvettes, (of different colors, of course), and a new Dodge Viper, for the employee of another company who approved payment of his invoices! 

Most folks would be content simply to have one sports car!  Don't you agree?

1 comment:

  1. one sports car would be plenty for me :-) Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party.Sorry I'm a bit slow getting here :-) xo

    ReplyDelete